With our project 'FemMoz,' we aim to support and internationally connect activists from Belarus in their emancipatory and socio-political work.
The partner organizations include ABF Belarus and the FemGroup in the Coordination Council.
The project was launched in May 2022 and is a continuation and expansion of the project 'Mutually Together - Empowerment for Women in Belarus,' which was successfully carried out in 2021. Since then, a series of encounters, seminars, and online discussions have allowed participants to learn from each other, establish sustainable contacts, and further develop solidarity in women's activism, gender equality, and other related issues.
The main objectives of the project are:
- Consolidating and expanding the sustainable networking and collaboration of activists and experts from Belarus, Poland, Lithuania, and Germany for exchange and cooperation.
- Thematically professionalizing and increasing the resilience of activists in and from Belarus.
- Strengthening the gender discourse and promoting women's leadership, especially in Belarus and the Belarusian exile community.
- Providing in-depth information on the current political and social situation in Belarus (with a focus on gender discourse, activism, and repression) to the interested public in Germany, the exile countries, and Belarus.
Our project goals are achieved through the following measures:
- Networking forums in Krakow, Vilnius, and Berlin.
- Online seminars for activists from and in Belarus.
- Online educational courses for interested women in and from Belarus on feminism, women's leadership, and societal pluralism.
- Online discussions with experts/activists from Germany, Belarus, Lithuania, Georgia, Ukraine, and Poland.
- Monitoring reports on the political situation in Belarus (in Russian and English).
- Short video interviews about the experiences of Belarusian activists (life in exile, escape, repression).
The project, running from May 2022 to December 2023, is funded by the German Federal Foreign Office as part of the program 'Expansion Cooperation with Civil Society in the Eastern Partnership Countries and Russia'
The monitoring reports and video interviews will be published shortly!